Thursday, September 22, 2011

Plainsong by Kent Haruf


















Plainsong by Kent Haruf is a lot like a Mcarthy's The Road if it were written in full sunshine. The story is made of darkness but lit with a silver lining of hope and neighborly kindness. I really enjoyed the entire thing, each character, each viewpoint and the things that happened. I loved the scenery, which was in Holt, Colorado - not too far from my own home. I guess the reason why I didn't give it a full 5 is because it dealt with a year in time but it did not emphasize the effect of the Colorado seasons strongly enough. The winter is COLD and I really didn't get that feeling. Maybe I'm being to hard on him but there could have been more seasons and more colors. Otherwise, perfect book. I can't wait to meet him. :)


4.75/5


Here is a picture of me reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment