Friday, June 18, 2010

The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall

I am continually failing my readers!
I read The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall about a week ago and completely forgot to update! Unbelievable.



The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall captured me from the beginning. A man wakes up in a room and cannot remember anything. As it turns out, he is being hunted by a conceptual fish. Seem confusing? It sort of is... but in a very fast moving sort of way. The logic may not pan out, or it may- I didn't take too much time really analyzing it (for fear that it wouldn't) but the STORY. Wow! I love good stories! Instead of the classic amnesia story where the victim is obsessed with the past, the main character becomes obsessed with the future, with survival, which was so god damn refreshing.

I give this book some thumbs up
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment