Sunday, June 6, 2010

Things I read on my phone and forgot to update



The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
I picked this book up in a bar while watching a show in a fit of anxiety. It calmed me down and sucked me into the story. Luckily I haven't been exposed to the story in any other way before, at least not that I can remember. It ended a lot sooner than I thought it would and kind of strangely. I liked how he described fast forward and rewind before those things existed. Wells and Jules Verne are classified in my mind in the same category. Good slightly scientific story tellers. Great job.
4.75/5


"The Variable Man" by Philip K. Dick
I really loved some of the concepts in this short story. I continued to get caught up on the race of the variable man. I thought maybe he was black but they never said either way. It wasn't supposed to matter but for some reason it did to me. Logan said a lot of the things that happen were impossible based on closed circuit technology but I liked it anyways.
4/5

"The Call of Cthulu" by H. P. Lovecraft
It was so good it got me on this late 19th century kick, which is why I picked up Middlemarch which was actually written mid 19th century which is probably why I hate it so much.
4.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment