Saturday, October 1, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


It's only a trilogy. I'm going to read it in 4 days and it's only a trilogy. What will I do afterwards? Probably what Stephanie Meyer did:
"I was so obsessed with this book I had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so I wouldn't have to stop reading. The story kept me up for several nights in a row, because even after I was finished, I just lay in bed wide awake thinking about it."
Yes, I've lost sleep over these books. Not just from incessant reading, but in nightmares and nagging thoughts. And there are only three of them. And now I'm on the third one. Not fair, not fair at all.

Let me get to my review, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, like it's predecessor The Hunger Games, reads like a movie. It's an action-packed page-turner. You read until your thoughts are Katniss Everdeen's thoughts, until you're thinking right along with her. She's very smart and Collins does a great job to keep the reader just as informed as she keeps Katniss- so the reader makes the same decisions and feels comfortable inside Katniss's head because she's reliable. She'll carry you through. She may not know everything but she does wonders with the knowledge she does have.
My complaint:
The Hunger Games should have been the last of The Hunger Games. The Hunger Games are a to-the-death contest and I was hoping Catching Fire would be all about Panem, the world, but of course it returned to the arena. Now, there's no POSSIBLE way that Mocking Jay (the third in the now-trilogy) can take place in the arena. Now we will get to the heart of the story, the distopian world, and the girl who will save her people from The Capitol.

4.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment